JWG has been developing strategies and planning requirements for our clients since our inception. Our staff of industry professionals have a broad range of experience and insight providing a broad and holistic approach to technology strategies and planning for our clients. Our breadth of knowledge enhances all levels of strategic planning including short-term and long-term road maps for implementation, on-going maintenance, support, and analysis.
We specialize in providing technology master plans and strategic technology plans that result in technology roadmaps meeting the short-term and long-term needs of our clients.
Planning services provided by JWG also include system life cycle analysis. We take into consideration the constant integration and automation of information systems, and can provide our clients with accurate technology assessments, design configurations, and a technology deployment plan to facilitate organizational needs throughout the entire life cycle of systems, applications, and supporting infrastructure. The following are the types of planning solutions that JWG provides:
- Technology Master Planning and Strategic Planning
- Technology Base Mapping and Needs Assessment
- Technology Lifecycle Analysis and Planning
- Technology Roadmaps
- Migration Analysis and Planning
- Shared Tenant Services
- Common / Shared Use Analysis and Planning
JWG offers a wide range of design capabilities employing the extensive experience, expertise, industry certifications, and insight of our professionals. We understand the specific business needs and operating environments of our clients allowing us to provide solutions that are tailored to meet their specific requirements and challenges.
Our designs execute the vision of our clients and provide innovative solutions meeting a specific need. The approach we use in any design is to work in cooperation with our clients throughout all phases of the design. We have found that this approach consistently results in exceeding the expectations of our clients. The following are types of design solutions that the JWG provides:
Information Technology Expertise
Airports encompass a complex environment that requires knowledge of more than just IT systems and services. To be successful, it is critical to have a comprehensive understanding of that technical, operational, business, interrelationships, and dependencies that are present in aviation environments. The JW Group possesses proven project experience and experienced professionals in the following aviation related technologies.
- Technology Systems and Infrastructure Design Development
- Construction Specifications and Drawings Development
- RFI/RFQ/RFP/RFB Documentation Development
- Construction Oversight and Administration
- Commissioning and Activation Support
- Procurement Support
- Access Control
- Airport Operational Databases (AODB)
- Automated Vehicle Identification
- Back-of-House Management Systems
- Business Justification and Return on Investment (ROI) Analysis
- Business Process Analysis
- CLEC and Long Distance Services
- Common/Systems Shared Use Passenger Processing (C/SUPPS)
- Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV)
- Common Use Self-Service (CUSS)
- Communications Infrastructure (Cable Plant) (Fiber and Copper Infrastructure)
- Converged Infrastructures
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
- Electronic Visual Information Display Systems (EVIDS)
- Information Transport Systems
- Integrated Audio and Visual Paging Systems
- Integrated Cloud Services
- Integrated Systems
- Local Area Network (LAN) / Network Wide Area(WAN)
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Master Antenna Television System (MATV)
- Mobile Applications
- Network Management Systems
- Parking Access and Revenue Control System (PARCS)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Systems
- Resource Management Systems (RMS)
- Shared Tenant Services (STS)
- Telephony Voice Systems including VoIP
- Visual Surveillance Systems
- Cellular Systems/Wireless PCS
- Wireless Operational Radio Systems
Airport and Facilities Planning & Design
JWG personnel have been providing specialized planning and design services for facilities including passenger terminals, cargo terminals, aircraft maintenance facilities, multi-story parking garages, hotels, and administration offices for over 20 years.
Our planning and design solutions include the development of complete design documents that will guide a project through its entire lifecycle from project initiation, schematic design, preparation of construction documents to project commissioning and testing. JWG provides all-encompassing services which have included the development of airport master plans, facility development phasing, feasibility studies, architectural planning & design documents, demand capacity analysis, facility requirements, space programming, retail / concession planning, aircraft parking configurations / modeling, facility wayfinding and airport security checkpoint planning.
JWG prides itself in developing environmentally conscious and cost effective design solutions that portray a “sense of place” that reflects the customs and heritage of the region in which the facility is located. We are committed to providing a comprehensive planning and design approach for every client that we have been entrusted with and to provide facilities that are safe, efficient, cost-effective and sustainable.
Our primary areas of expertise include:
- Architectural Terminal Planning and Design
- Airport Passenger Terminal Expansion and Modernization Concepts
- Facilities Assessment
- Terminal Space Programming
- Demand Capacity Analysis
- Passenger Wayfinding Systems
- Airport Master Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- Aircraft Terminal Parking Configurations / Modeling
- Traffic Forecasting and Peak-hour Demand Analysis
- Airport Special Systems Planning (i.e. Passenger Boarding Bridges, 400 Hz, PCA, Aircraft Docking Guidance Systems
- Facility Phasing and Development Planning
- Development of Schematic and Construction Documents
- Procurement Document Preparation and Management
- Security Checkpoint Planning
Business Management Consulting
Strategic planning is important for every organization as it provides a vision and a plan that communicates the organizational goals and the actions needed to achieve those goals. JWG has been involved in the preparation of numerous strategic plans for airport facilities throughout the United States.
These plans are enterprise wide strategic plans which review, analyze and recommend business management, operational, process, and technology improvements for every department at an airport. System strategic plans that integrate the business elements of technologies for specialty airport systems such as common use passenger processing or revenue systems such as parking access control systems and automatic vehicle identification are one our core competencies. These comprehensive strategic plans have been used to successfully establish business plans, business process improvements, business case/justification, implementation strategies, operational strategies, and budgets resulting in greatly improved efficiencies for the business, financial, and operational management teams.
Business architecture is the blueprint of the organization that provides a common understanding and is used to align strategic objectives and tactical demands. JWG approaches all of our projects with both the airport’s strategic objectives and operational requirements in mind. We believe an airport should not implement technology just for the sake of implementing technology, but it must meet the business needs and must align and support the overall business and operational goals and objectives of the organization. The proven and successful approach of the JWG to incorporate and bring together governance, business processes, information, internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders has been a key to our success.
Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) are the pillars of an organization serving as the foundational strategies meeting applicable laws and regulations. JWG offers specialized GRC services including identifying and prioritizing executives and stakeholder expectations, developing business objectives that align with the organization’s values and risk, developing policies, processes, and procedures mitigating risk and maintain compliance based on regulatory requirements and best practices, and implementing all the aforementioned services.
The GRC services that JWG provides allows organizations to implement, manage, monitor, and measure the effectiveness of their Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance strategies across an organization. JWG has provided GRC services to airports throughout the nation, including:
Performance management for an organization includes the processes which ensure that the goals of an organization are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. JWG offers performance management services that include critical success factors, performance metrics, and key performance indicators for the entire organization or a specific department. These services measure how the organization is performing against past performance, other airports, and their own goals and objectives. JWG has provided performance management services in the areas of operational efficiencies, financials, staffing, and customer service to airports throughout the nation. The services include:
- Development of charter, requirements, procedures, and processes for governance
- Facilitation of initial governance meetings and provide support for implementation
- Development of strategies for risk management
- Development of compliance programs for design and control testing
- Consulting on regulatory requirements
- Identification and development of Critical Success Factors
- Performance Metrics Planning and Implementation
- Key Performance Indicator Planning and Implementation
Program and Project Management
Whether its program or project management, JWG understands the complexities that encompass how these items relate to other organizational initiatives and existing processes. JWG utilizes our industry experience and specific systems knowledge to assist our clients in performing overall program management services. JWG also provides specific project management services for individual projects. These services go beyond the typical project life-cycle support as the JWG is well equipped to support the project management role through the entire project lifecycle from project initiation, planning, execution to testing, commission and project closeout.